Physical Therapy in Tinley Park
Physical therapists are known for their focus on education and at Ascend Physical Therapy we are no different—we provide the information you need to get started on your own treatment, or continue on your rehabilitation path independently.
When you're attending physical therapy you won't just have access to one type of therapist but to many under the physical therapy umbrella, including:
- Acute care
- Aquatic physical therapy
- Cardiopulmonary and pulmonary
- Clinical electro and wound management
- Sports physical therapy
- Women's health
Physical therapy has evolved to treat a diverse range of injuries as well as the debilitating results of multiple diseases. As stated by the Canadian Physiotherapy Association, "Canadians are moving, moving more and moving better with the help of physiotherapy.”
Our goal is that our clients in Tinley Park are provided with the tools to ensure this vision stays true.
While each client is unique and their treatment is based on their personal physical therapy assessment, there are common treatments that physical therapists practice, including:
- Personalized exercise programs
- Soft tissue and manual therapy techniques such as massage
- Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Hot and cold packs
- Cardiorespiratory techniques such as airway clearance methods
- Skin and wound care
- Functional activity and tolerance training
- Work and occupational re-training
- Prescription, fabrication and application of supportive and protective equipment
Beyond this, patients also have the opportunity to experience electrotherapeutic, aquatic and dry needling treatments under the guidance of their their therapist.
Physical therapy is based primarily in movement sciences and aims to enhance or restore function of multiple body systems. This is done through a natural and holistic approach with a commitment to health and excellent quality of life.
Physical therapists complete these goals by:
- Promoting optimal mobility.
- Taking preventative measures towards injury and disability.
- Managing acute and chronic conditions.
- Improving and maintaining functional independence.
- Rehabilitating injury and effects of disease or disability.
- Educating clients and creating maintenance and support programs.
Your therapist will assess your situation on your first appointment, and provide a diagnosis. Following this, you will help them to plan a strategy for recovery. Your therapist will educate you every step of the way and promote lifelong learning. This is a practice of the therapist themselves, as physical therapy is a constantly evolving profession.
Physical therapy is quite often recommended in hospital or by a family doctor, but there are many other locations the profession is practiced for a patient to gain access like a clinic or gym.
You may be referred to us through child-development centers, community health centers, home care or nursing homes. Insurance companies also recommend physical therapy after accidents and work-related injuries.
If you're a senior citizen, you may be recommended by someone at your residence to attend therapy. At Ascend Physical Therapy we offer in-home treatment and are able to visit any residence in Tinley Park.
Schools, sports settings, work sites and other companies are also locations physical therapy is promoted. Job safety and the practice of safe sports are also very important.
Physical Therapy for Life
It's accessible, it's holistic and makes you feel your best for as long as you live! Get in touch with us and let the therapists at Ascend Physical Therapy start your therapy plan today.